Today is a gray, yucky, dreary day…. nothing as great as sunshine or pouring rain…. but it’s not snowing! I used to know how to drive in the snow and ice… but it has been way too many years! I think I would be scared to do it now.
Today’s challenge is 5 things of which you are afraid.
I’m not a fraidy cat….. I don’t get nervous or worried about things. None of the things on my list make me live my life any differently (except the last one).
I know people who let their fears control their lives and focus on the negative all the time. I just can’t do it!
1. All big dogs– German Shepherds in particular. I know the background of this fear- 2 different times in my life German Shepherds have actually tried to eat me!
2. Snakes– poisonous ones most of all. The fact that all 5 poisonous snakes that live in US happen to live within miles of my house… doesn’t help.
3. Clowns– I have talked about Clowns before- at Halloween. Anyone with their face covered in make up or a mask scares me. Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King’s IT sealed the deal.
4. Random Accidents– this is just an example. You can be sitting somewhere minding your own business and all of a sudden a plane lands in your lap….. Crazy!
5. Being left alone– I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of the people I love dying. This is the only fear that has and effect on my daily life. I try very hard to let those people know~ each and every day~ just how much I love them. That way at least I have no regrets
So, now you know some of my deeper issues….. what are you afraid of?
Rule #102- Don’t let your fears rule you….